Monday, January 23, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Fudgy Brownie Cookies

It's official, I, like everyone else, am definitely obsessed with (and overwhelmed by) pinterest. I love all of the ideas, but I also sometimes have panic attacks when I look at all the great ideas and realize I will never in a million years have time to try them all. So I've decided to start keeping track of my pinterest inspired projects here on my blog. Just a heads-up though, not all of these projects are baking...some, in fact quite a few, are school-related. So be prepared for a few random 2nd grade projects mixed in with the baking!

First up, Fudgy Brownie Cookies...

Even though they started out a little rocky, I think the final product turned out pretty great!


Here's what happened: I (per usual) did not read through the entire recipe before I started baking. I just looked at the picture and said "Wow! These look amazing...I need to start baking immediately!" Then I looked at the ingredients and said "Wow! This looks so easy, just a brownie mix with a couple of extra things added in!" Well...you should know that the dough is supposed to chill for 2 HOURS before baking. I did not have that kind of time, so I mixed up the dough and put it in the freezer for about 50 minutes instead. It worked pretty well, although it was a little bit too frozen. If you are going with the freezer method, I think 40 minutes would be about perfect.

Also, my first batch turned out SUPER gooey (like maybe 10 minutes in the oven wasn't quite enough). Don't get me wrong, they were deliciously gooey, but if you are picky about thouroughly baking your cookies, just keep them in the oven a little bit longer!


And actually, now that the cookies have sat overnight, the insides have solidified a little. Now they just taste like gooey, fudgy, brownie awesomeness. (I may or may not have eaten 3 of them for lunch - don't judge!)


If you have an extra brownie mix lying around the kitchen, and 2 hours to wait while your dough chills, check out the original recipe here and get ready to enjoy some delicious brownie cookies!

1 comment:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

These look so yummy :)

You should stop by my blog to see if you won any giveaways ;)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com